Join Our Team
The Des Moines Pool Metropolitan Pool District (The District) continually builds a high-quality workforce, fosters a positive work culture and promotes a learning environment. Training and certifications are available to ensure delivery of exceptional customer service to our District and surrounding communities.
The District is continually looking for committed individuals to join our team. We have many opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. All current opportunities are listed below. If you don’t see something currently of interest, you are welcome to submit an application and cover letter at any time. Your application will be kept on file for one year and you may be contacted as positions come available.
The District is located in Des Moines, which is a suburb of Seattle. It is on the Puget Sound with views of the Olympics and Mount Rainier. For more information on Des Moines, click here.
Please specify the position or type of position you are interested in.
To be considered for hire we require an employment application and cover letter. Please submit it to:
Linda Ray, District Clerk
22015 Marine View Dr. S. #2B
Des Moines, WA 98198
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are positions that are now available.
- Head Lifeguard(Open Continuously)
- Lifeguard (Open Continuously)
- Pool Cashier (Open Continuously)
- Water Safety (Swim Lesson) Instructor (Open Continuously)
- Aquatic Exercise Instructor (Open Continusouly)
- Job Description (Coming Soon)
- No Open Positions at this Time.
Certification and Training Opportunities
- The District continually offers Lifeguard and Swim Instructor Certifications. We are building an interest list for potential candidates. If you are interested in signing up for our notification list of upcoming trainings, please email email@example.com or call her at (206) 824-4722.
- LIFEGUARD TRAINING: Starting in July. Click here for more information.
- LIFEGUARD REVIEW: Sign up for notification of next class below.
- NOTIFICATION LIST & OTHER TRAININGS: If you are interested in working at the Mount Rainier Pool, our management staff can help you locate trainings and will cover fees with work commitment. We also have a notification list that you can sign-up for. Please give Lauryne a call at (206) 824-4722.
The Des Moines Metropolitan Park District does not discriminate in its employment practices or in admission to its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
*If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free