Mount Rainier Pool now accepts SilverSneakers®, Silver and Fit®, Active and Fit®, Prime Fitness® and Renew Active® members. Members will be able to use the facility for lap swimming, water exercise, water walking and open/family swims.
What are SilverSneakers® , Silver and Fit®, Active and Fit®, Prime Fitness® and Renew Active® programs?
Silver Sneakers®, Silver and Fit®, Active and Fit®, Prime Fitness® and Renew Active® programs are completely free to use fitness program for Medicare beneficiaries and others. Seniors across the nation with a Silver Sneakers®, Silver and Fit®, Active and Fit®, Prime Fitness® and and Renew Active® have unlimited access to pools, recreation centers and gym locations where they can participate in healthy physical activity.
Who is Eligible?
Whether or not your plan includes a Silver Sneakers®, Silver and Fit®, Active and Fit®, Prime Fitness® and Renew Active® membership depends on the insurance carrier you have your plan through and the specific plan in which you are enrolled. Be aware that if you enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan that includes Silver Sneakers®, Silver and Fit®, Active and Fit®Prime Fitness® and Renew Active your plan’s benefits can change from year to year.
What do I do the First-Day that I attend?
Your first visit to the Mount Rainier Pool is free! Please bring…
- a copy of your driver’s license or other personal identification
- your Silver Sneakers®, Silver and Fit®, Active and Fit® and Prime Fitness®or other Tivity or American Specialty Health Network card
- your own lock for your belongings.
When can I use the pool?
Silver Sneakers®, Silver and Fit®, Active and Fit® and Prime Fitness® members are eligible to swim at all Family/Open Swims, Lap Swims and Water Walking times. Please check our swim schedule (https://mtrainierpool.com/schedule-2/) for availability. Water Exercise classes are not eligible at this time (see below).
Water Exercise Classes (Now Covered)
We now accept Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit, Active and Fit, Prime Fitness and Renew Active by United Healthcare memberships for classes. Water exercise classes are offered at (and will be added in the future):
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 9:30-10:30am
- Tuesday & Thursday, 7:00-8:00pm
How do I know if I am eligibility?
Check your eligibility at the links below…
- SilverSneakers – https://tools.silversneakers.com/Eligibility/CheckEligibility
- Silver and Fit – https://www.silverandfit.com/Registration/CheckEligibility?chkAgree=true&chkAgree=false
- Active and Fit – https://www.activeandfitdirect.com/
- Prime Fitness – http://www.tivityhealth.com/brands/prime-fitness/