Dear Valued Customer,
We have updated the Swim Lesson website with Winter 2024 information. Please read through it as there are some changes. It contains a link to our updated swim lesson page. We hope you enjoy the changes we have made in response to your feedback.
The registration information in this email is for Saturday swim lessons starting in January. We will also have weekday lessons starting in February, but will wait until January to put that information out.
SWIM LESSON DATES
Below are dates for the Saturday session of classes.
- Dates: January 13-March 9 (No classes on February 17).
- Class Times: 9am-11:30am
Registration will follow the 1,2,3 system to ensure residents are being given priority for registration. Please register promptly on the dates listed below as there is strong demand for swim lessons in the area.
- Current* Students: All current student registration* is Tuesday, 11/28 starting at 4pm
- Non-Current*, Residents**: New Non-Current, Resident Registration is Saturday 12/16 starting at 10am
- Non-Current* Student, Non-Residents**: Non-Current, Non-Resident Registration is Saturday 12/16, Starting at Noon
*Current Students must have attended the Saturday Fall Session (9/30-12/2) and did not have two or more unexcused absences.
**Resident registration priority is given to residents of Des Moines and Normandy Park that subsidize the Mount Rainier Pool with taxes.
FEES FOR CLASSES
There are no grants for free swim lessons available, but there are scholarships available (see scholarship section below). Prices are for the 8 class-session:
- Parent/Child (6 months-3 years): $47 for residents**/$60 for non-residents
- All Other Classes: $66 for residents**/$80 for non-residents
We have updated our class levels information. Click here to view a flyer with more information on class levels.
EXACT CLASS TIMES
Staff has added an extra instructor for Saturday lessons. Click here for the exact swim lesson times.
ADULT & WEEKDAY CLASSES
Adult classes and additional weekday classes will be offered in February. Information for these classes will be posted in early January. We are holding off announcing these classes to try to maximize the number of instructors teaching these classes.
Online registration is only available for current students at this time. For more information on registration options visit our swim lesson page.
We have updated our scholarship program including a simplified process, resident focus, and 90% coverage for all programs! The scholarship program is for residents only (Des Moines and Normandy Park). Click here to view our scholarship page for more information.
PRACTICE TIME (FREE PARENT USAGE)
The Mount Rainier Pool is dedicated to help youth become better swimmers and more comfortable in the water. We realize that swim lessons alone are not enough, and that practice is key to your child’s success. This Winter we will allow current youth swim participants and one parent* free entry during the following times.
FREE PRACTICE OPTION TIMES
- Saturdays, 11:30am-12:30pm
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO PRACTICE WITH YOUR CHILD?
- PLAY: Playing in the water with your children will help them apply their skills in a fun manner.
- COMFORT: Swimming with your child will help them be more comfortable around the water.
- BONDING: For teaching younger children, helping support them and perform the skills is a great activity to do together.
- SUCCESS: Moving up levels in swim lessons takes not only learning, but mastering swim skills.
- SUPPORT: Practicing with your child shows that you are willing to help them succeed.
Office hours are:
- Mon-Fri, 9:30am-1pm & 4-8pm
- Saturday, 9am-2pm
We hope to have more information on other programming coming in the future as conditions change! Thank you for following these communications.